Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 41: Veliko Tarnovo Bulgaria / Belgrade, Serbia - Deep Into the Bloc


One last view of Veliko Tarnovo.

Time for an unexciting day. With an astounding 38 degrees, I walked around Veliko Tarnovo for about five minutes before deciding that was enough. I then bought some ice cream, parked myself underneath a tree, and called it a morning. Upon returning to the hostel, I was greeted by much laughter from the hostel staff who were surprised anyone wanted to venture outside in such weather. I sat with them until about 2 PM, when I took a train for Sofia.

After arriving in Sofia, I hopped over to the train station and boarded my first overnight train of the trip. I actually really enjoy overnight train rides. Not only am I lying down (as opposed to sitting erect as in a bus), but I'm able to walk around, use the bathroom, etc. With luck, I may even have enjoyable cabin mates. On this particular trip, I actually had the entire cabin to myself, a much different experience. At any rate, it was an easy night's sleep and smooth ride into Belgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment