Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 72: Prague, Czech Republic - Defenestrated



Entrance to Prague's castle. 

Prague has the largest castle complex in the world. Therefore, I wanted to see it. I walked across the Charles Bridge and found myself looking at what resembled a village as opposed to a castle. Apparently Prague's castle complex includes the surrounding residential area, which is why it's so big. Cheaters.


View from the castle. 


Entrance to the actual castle, inside of the castle complex.

Like Budapest's castle, Prague's has been renovated several times over and looks more like a large estate than a medieval castle. There were separate parts of the castle, but only one ticket that allows entry into all of the parts was sold for a rather expensive price. I wasn't interested in walking through the entire estate, so I just walked around the courtyards, which was free. One interesting memory from AP European History did arise...


The window of defenestration!

Having properly geeked out that day, I headed out with my hostel mates in the evening, four British guys and a Canadian powerlifter. The four British guys were nice, but man they were the absolute epitome of what Americans would call meathead frat boys. Their goal was to party hard every single night of their trip (1 month), and on this particular night we were participating in their 4th straight pub crawl night. They even took caffeine pills before they left to make sure they could party hard. I'm too old for this stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment