Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 69: Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic - Sigh, Guess I'll Go Outside


Cesky Krumlov.

Still cold. Still raining. Guess I have no choice but to sightsee while wet and cold. My companions were some Aussies, but not the rafting crew from the night before. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are dead now, actually. We headed to the castle, which is PAINTED. Let down! See that pretty looking spire up there in that picture? It's painted that way! At least the view was good.


View from the castle.


More views from the castle.

For lunch we went to the Eggerman's brewery, and sampled some hearty Czech food, meaning lots of meat, lots of potatoes, and lots of cabbage. I walked around the city a little bit more, while the rest went back to the hostel. There wasn't too much left to see -- it's a small village, after all.


Town center.

The same Aussies and I went out that night. I read somewhere that Czechs drink more beer per capita than anyone else in the world. I believe it. The beer culture is incredibly strong, but the dumb drunk culture is not, as far as I can tell. We ended up at a pub called the Gorilla, where we actually saw our bartender from an earlier bar drinking. That's always a good sign. Plus, it had the following amazing signs on the door.




No comments:

Post a Comment