Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 62: Budapest, Hungary / Vienna, Austria - Family Reunion Time!


View from parents' balcony.

Train out of Budapest was scheduled for the afternoon. I figured I would have plenty of time to maybe see a museum in Budapest, have a nice leisurely lunch, and catch the train. Nope, I was lazy and slept in. Museum was out, but the nice leisurely lunch was still on, followed by leisurely coffee.

I guess I'll mention that, save for soup, I haven't had much luck with Hungarian food. I just can't seem to order something that's worth what I pay for it. My solution for the past two days is just to eat fancier, knowing that the food will be better. I can't find good mediocre food, so I'll find good good food. Made sense to me. For lunch I had mangalica, some special breed of Hungarian pig that's supposed to taste better. It did taste a little gamier, but unfortunately it was basically prepared as a schnitzel. Oh well, good preparation for Austria.

Speaking of which, I boarded my train and arrived in Austria in less than three hours, right on time (love Austrian efficiency). My dad was there to greet me, and I met up with my mom back at their apartment. We had dinner, caught up, etc. Ready for some serious relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment