Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 54: Ljubljana, Slovenia - Another Cute Little City

Left my camera battery charging in Urban's apartment. Doh!

Ljubljana is a lovely little city. Much like Zagreb, it's been undergoing a lot of positive development and the city is shiny and sparkling as a result. Public squares are all over the place, along with pedestrian walkways and, of course, cafes. I walked around sightseeing and stopped at a cafe that my guidebook identified as having particularly good pastries. I wouldn't know, because a bird made off with mine. Yes, that's right. I was even looking at it hopping around on my table thinking, "Aww, how cute, a little bird." Then it nabbed my pastry and tried flying away. Of course the pastry was too heavy but it successfully moved it off the table and plopped it to the ground, where it and its friends proceeded to munch away. Punk.

I grabbed some lunch at a nice out of the way place. Set menus are great. Not having a camera, and deciding I was pretty tired, I headed back to Urban's for an afternoon nap and stayed there til he returned. We grabbed a few drinks by the river and talked about Slovenian history and the Balkan conflict. We then met up with some of his friends at Trnfest, an annual month-long Slovenian festival. Why don't we have month long festivals every year?

No comments:

Post a Comment