Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 49: Split, Croatia - A Rather Slow Day


Diocletian´s Palace, again.

My impromptu roommate left before 10 AM, leaving me with a bit of a connundrum. I was supposed to meet friends in Split in a few dazs, but not having my roommate meant that my rent would rise to 300 kuna per day, roughly $60. That, combined with the fact that I would be taking time away from other places, convinced me to leave Split and head for Zagreb. The overnight train would depart at 10 PM, meaning I had the whole day to spend in Split.


Public square.

I re-visited Diocletian´s Palace, mainly because I could not think of where else to go. By lunch, I had seen everything I wanted to see in Split, so I gorged myself on fried squid and wine. Unfortunately, that still only took about two hours, leaving me with some 10 hours to kill. I hiked up a nearby hill and read. Then hiked down to a cafe and read. Then moved to another cafe and finished my book, still with 4 hours to go.


Split´s seaside. 

There were some street performers nearby and they occupied me for a little bit. I fell back to the foolproof option of eating gelato while people watching. Between those two activities, and generallz walking around aimlessly, I spen my last few hours in Split and departed for Zagreb.

No comments:

Post a Comment